Introduction to Different Flooring Options
These days there are so many flooring options on the market that many people are not sure what to buy when they’re planning to install new flooring, or have plans to replace old floors with something modern and new. Deciding between vinyl, timber, laminates, cork, glass floors, tiles, concrete, etc can be quite overwhelming. Let’s have a close look at few options, as this will help you in making an intelligible choice.
* Vinyl flooring- Vinyl flooring is best for all those who are on budget, but want something durable and with classy looks. This flooring is made using vinyl additives and resins that include plasticizers, stabilizers, and fillers. You can get vinyl flooring in either tile or sheet form, and in hundreds of designs, colors and styles. Vinyl flooring comes with good insulation properties, and if it gets damaged, it can be easily repaired within no time. You can use carpet on such floors as it not only increases its beauty, but also extends its life.
* Tiber flooring– This flooring can be laid over your existing flooring and made of hard wood or soft wood. This flooring is either pre-coated or can also be coated during its installation process. One type is laminate flooring that is not only durable but more cost effective than hardwood floors. However, laminate flooring cannot be installed in wet areas such as basements, toilets and kitchens. Many people also install palmwood flooring that is made using coconut palms. No lamination is needed in this flooring and is quite stable for both residential and commercial settings. This is best wood flooring that is available at competitive rates than traditional wood flooring. Many people prefer using carpet or rugs on such flooring to extend its life by preventing damages.
* Laminate flooring– Laminates is a good choice especially if you are on a budget, but are also not interested in the hassles that comes with wood flooring. The ceramic and faux wood patterns look nice. They are quite durable due to their four layer construction. As it is easy to set up, is cost effective, look beautiful, and resemble wooden flooring.
* Ceramic flooring- This flooring is still in demand due to its beautiful rich looks that may last for decades if it is maintained in a proper way. Porcelain is widely popular due to its strong support, and umpteen designs and styles to suit all kinds of décor.
* Cork flooring– It is an eco-friendly option and if you want a really beautiful option that can last for decades, you should choose cork. This flooring can be used both in wet and dry areas. Due to its insulating properties, it is best during winters and summers.
* Glass flooring- This is a modern flooring that is quite versatile and is used both in interior floors, pathways, driveways, decks, and practically anywhere. If you want to install it outdoors, then it will have to be customized to hold the weight of the car with ease. Another benefit of this flooring is that it increases the light in the house, which makes your rooms look brighter and large.
There are just some of the flooring options that are available to all those who want to install new flooring in their homes or offices. There are many more out there, and with some research, you can easily find the best option according to your needs and budget.